Columbia City is located in northwestern Oregon on the banks of the Columbia River approximately 31 miles north of the City of Portland on Highway 30, 2 miles north of the City of St. Helens and 61 miles east of the Pacific Ocean.
The city is dominated, ecologically and visually, by the Columbia River, which is nearly a mile wide here. Fir-clad slopes provide a backdrop west of town. Across the river are the foothills of the Cascade Range. Five snow-covered peaks are visible from the city: Mount St. Helens, Mt. Adams, Mt. Hood, Mt. Rainier and Mt. Jefferson.
Make a Payment to Columbia City, OREGON
Sign up for e-billing at: https://columbiacity.merchanttransact.com
Posted December 1, 2020: Effective immediately the City of Columbia is in a Phase II Freeze.
1. Local Columbia City government buildings and offices will be closed to the general public. This includes City Hall and Public Works.
2. City Council, Committee and Commission meetings will continue to be held by conference call or Zoom meetings as they are scheduled. Agendas will continue to be published on this website.
3. City parks: Picnic tables and playground equipment continue to be restricted.
4. The Community Hall remains closed to private rentals.
5. Normal utility billing processes are in place.
Please do not hesitate to contact City Hall with any questions that you may have.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Our Vision Statement:
Columbia City is the lower Columbia River’s ideal small town - a city of beauty and livability.
The City of Columbia City encourages community involvement and is committed to:
Developing and ensuring the highest possible quality of life for our residents, businesses and visitors.
Providing a safe, secure and healthy community environment.
Providing an efficient and effective government which is open and responsive to the needs of the community and works for the benefit of all.
City of Columbia City • P.O. Box 189 • 1840 Second Street • Columbia City, OR 97018 • (503) 397-4010 • Contact Us